Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
I think this is an amazing question to ask yourself.
I missed Pastor Erik’s part 2 of the message on a Happy New You. (I was away cooking for a group of adult, only one with anything negative to say.) So, I am listening to it as we speak and I am typing to you my thoughts. You can go here to find the podcast and message for two weekends ago. I will post Saturdays message here on Tuesday.
So, two weeks ago we talked about My Happiness Map Worksheet. Here is what he wants us to work on now. The things in Italics are new items he is asking.
My personal purpose statement: My personal purpose statement is to be a wife, mother, and friend who is curious but not judgemental, passionate about life, who lives a life worth being proud of while helping and cheering on those around me, and who always remembers where she came from.
- Where am I in my faith on a scale of 1 to 10? I would have to say I am on about a 6.
- How did I get here? Well, last year I really had no relationship with God other than I knew he was around when I was ready. Now I am going to church, I am saying a daily prayer, and I am showing him to my children.
- Are there any lies I have believed in this area? Maybe that the church I grew up in was the only church for me, even if it didn’t fit or feel right.
Family – My one goal for family this year is to make the most out of the time we spend together as a family.
- Where am I in my family on a scale of 1 to 10? I would say a 4, maybe a weak 5.
- How did I get here? We are doing more family dinners.
- Are there any lies I have believed in this area? It would have to be that we need to be the perfect family, that my friend doesn’t exist!
Fitness – My one goal in fitness this year is to walk more in my free time.
- Where am I in my fitness on a scale of 1 to 10? I would say a strong 6!
- How did I get here? I made my mind up to start walking to work two days a week and not play Xbox so much. I told people my plan and they are holding me accountable.
- Are there any lies I have believed in this area? I thought it would be easy but it is really hard to walk 8 miles on those two days.
Finances – My one goal in finances this year is to really look at the things I buy and decide if it is really worth spending the money on it.
- Where am I in my finances on a scale of 1 to 10? Maybe a 5!
- How did I get here? I do take a strong look at what I buy and ask myself is it really a need or a want. I have lapses.
- Are there any lies I have believed in this area? I thought I could do this cold turkey and it is not that easy, a slip and buying a latte one day and you go what was I thinking!
Friends – My one goal for friends this year is to strengthen my current friendships and always be willing to accept new ones.
- Where am I with my friends on a scale of 1 to 10? I would say a strong 5.
- How did I get here? I am trying to be a better listener and not so much a talker. Trying to take in what people say, not just thinking me, me, me.
- Are there any lies I have believed in this area? Relationships are hard and this is not easy
Future – My one goal for the future this year is to be a more positive person and not dwell on the negative.
- Where am I in relation to my future on a scale of 1 to 10? A decent 6!
- How did I get here? I think by pushing out the negative thoughts and thinking twice before saying most things.
- Are there any lies I have believed in this area? I always believed that you needed to treat people in a harsh way to get them to respond.
Fun – My one goal for fun this year is to enjoy my time on this earth because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.
- Where am I in having fun on a scale of 1 to 10? I am maybe a 3!
- How did I get here? I think I have had a negative outlook for so long that I forgot to enjoy the little things and just laugh.
- Are there any lies I have believed in this area? Not sure!
So, how are you coming on the new you? I would love to hear.
PS~ I am writing this post at 11pm at night and on Vicodin. Sorry if I don’t make a lot of sense. I am trying though!!